Sunday, July 31, 2005

this weekend has been interesting I guess. Friday I didn't do much, due to the fact that I wasn't feeling well. Saturday, I picked up my good buddy from across the pond, Andy Dixon, and we spent the day gallivanting around Fairfield/Cincinnati/Mt. Adams/I-71. It was actually really entertaining because I'm not a person recognized for my directional savvy. Dixon said he had never been down and around downtown Cincinnati, so I reply, "We'll go then. Do you like adventures? Because I'm not exactly sure of how to get there."

I'm glad to report that we made it down and back unscathed, BUT I should probably mention (as if I don't, I'm sure he will), that everytime I took a wrong turn, Dixon suggested the right route, to which I replied, "Oh, we'll just drive a little further." And nearly everytime, he was exactly right. Annoying, isn't it? Good thing, I can handle being wrong many, many, MANY times gracefully, if I do say so myself.

While walking around between the Great American Ballpark and Paul Brown Stadium in heat that would make a camel conditioned for the Sahara want to keel over, Mr. D wanted to take a picture of a bridge, so we're standing there as he peers through his camera lens to find that perfect shot and two thirteen year old boys (who are the equivalent of scallies) walk by. Once a good distance away one of them shouts, "HEY! I'LL GIVE YOU $10,000 FOR YOUR WIFE!"
I should probably note that only one thing made me happy about this comment and that is the fact that this kid didn't think i was his age (like my incident at the Hoffbrahaus), but he actually thought I was old enough to be married, which would put me in my mid-20's. Score.

HOWEVER, WHAT THE HECK? Am I for sale? And more than that, am i for sale via a man that i am not legally and verbally promised? And more than that, WOULD I EVER BE FOR SALE VIA A MAN TO WHOM, IN FACT, I AM LEGALLY BINDED? And to that I answer, heck no.

5 Comments:

Blogger andyd said...

But it made me laugh! =o) I was just about ready with my "Do you have the $10,000 on you" response after all!

9:40 pm  
Blogger Little Mo said...

$10, 000 is a good price too.

If i were you I'd be flattered to be able to stump up such a high figure.

It would certainly solve your support issues.

12:05 pm  
Blogger Brittney said...

HA. yeah, but that's only if dixon would be generous enough to give it to me, because the offer wasn't to me, it was to him.

if he was that kind, it really WOULD alleviate some support issues, you're right.

6:25 pm  
Blogger Alasdair said...

2 Things. I can't believe you're giving Gareth the pleasure of being aknowledge as right. And secondly, would you really want to be married to a man who's favourite hobby is operating as Health And Safety man at conferences?

10:02 pm  
Blogger andyd said...

Stud, Stud, Stud...its not my fault I'm good at directions. Oh, an health and safety is probably important in a marriage.

2:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home