The Influence of a Big Brother
so i've been suffering from exhaustion this week but i can point no finger unless i direct it towards myself because i am a weak, weak little sister.
my brother is 25, i'm two years younger than he. sunday night i was heading to bed after what seemed to be a very long day. i had been to church in the morning and in the evening and then i came back home and watched Signs with my younger sister. I was feeling pretty tired already and just lounging in front of the tv when my brother, jeffrey, came home from work. we said our hello's and caught up on the day.
finally at 1:30am, i'm going through my bedtime ritual and have my hand on the knob to my door ready to hit my mattress for a good eight hours, when i hear "briiiiiiiiiiiiiittney..."
i come to the top of the steps and reply only to engage in the following conversation:
J: Troy is coming on, it's a really good movie.
B: Um...ok....and?
J: Don't you want to watch it? It's coming on really soon!
B: No. It's almost 2, isn't that movie three hours long?
J: Yes.
B: Jeffrey, I'm going to bed.
J: (a brief silence)...YOU WILL COME DOWN AND WATCH TROY WITH YOUR BROTHER!
A little miffed, I stood at the top of the stairs thinking that he must be insane. But I'm weak, so I grabbed my pillow and blankie and laid on the dusty-colored, dog-hair covered carpet (winston sheds like a beast in the summer) of our family room and watched troy UNTIL 5AM.
I'm to blame for my exhaustion today, Wednesday, because I still react to my brother as though I'm three years old, but i think it's because I like the fact that my brother DOES want to watch Troy with me at two in the morning.
Hopefully, I can get an early night in tonight.


3 Comments:
Does Big Brother's influence explain why you were logging on to messenger at 4 in the morning your time as well?
Andy Moll apparently heard someone use the word 'redonculous' on TV yesterday. I found this to be quite amusing... R
ngiha...redonculous means "beyond ridiculous." so ridiculous, it deserves a made up word....redonculous.
Post a Comment
<< Home