Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Amos Lee

on a lighter note :) i love the amos lee album that i bought a few days ago. i haven't had an opportunity to listen to it in its entirety...'til now. i'm writing about him to plug him basically, because not many people know about him, but i think he's really, really amazing. he has an incredibly pure voice AND he's touring the UK this summer and if you're there, i think you should go because it'll probably be pretty cheap and I CAN'T.

my favorite on his self-titled album is probably "black river." it has a vibe to it as thought it was stolen from the era of slavery. i describe the album as the kind of music that makes me want to slow dance with someone in the kitchen. take from that what you will--especially after the that slavery comment.

my friend joey made the point that i'm blogging a lot lately---and he deduced that i must be pretty bored. he is correct.

7 Comments:

Blogger Little Mo said...

I would just like it noted that I blogged today but for some reason it isn't showing up on my published blog.

I may be forced to hijack your comments section to post my deep thoughts about the film "saved".

11:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey B! Just a random "thought you'd wanna know" type thing--I was looking through this catalogue (Alloy, to be specific), and they definitely had girls wearing schpants in it. However, they weren't called schpants, but gauchos. How do you feel about that? I don't think it has quite the same ring to it.

11:49 pm  
Blogger Rich said...

Hope your not too bored Brit. Life is quite quiet here too. Shall be praying for you lass..

R

1:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont want to see that man sing.

10:59 am  
Blogger Sara said...

i too would like to send my recommendations for Mr Lee. He's a pretty talented lad if I do say so myself. Brit - why don't you have the link on here for everyone to check him out? WARNING: there are only 2 songs and playing them on repeat will drive your flatmates crazy! (those of hallville can relate it to Guster)

4:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jin--you DO. you do want to hear him sing. yes. uh huh.

6:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont like a man called amos, and i dont like a sing, so why would a want to see a man called amos sing? i would rather swallow a goldfishy.

9:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home