Germans and Kentucky
i didn't really feel like posting, but i feel an obligation to, so i'm going to pout briefly........
okay, i'm finished. saturday night miss anne maranda called me and slyly manipulated me into putting Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince down and accompanying her to an INSANE German beerhouse down in Newport, Kentucky (right across the river from Cincinnati)--also known as the Hoffbrahaus. one of our mutual friends, a-miss Allison Hauessler, was going to be there with her new beau and we wanted to meet him.
#1 do i really look THAT young? when anne and i approached the bouncer at the door, he waved anne through and then stopped me and asked for ID. I'm 23. I was legally able to drink any beverage with any trace of alcohol OVER TWO YEARS AGO. Curses. I so want to be the really sexy 20-something who looks glam when she goes out and who, because of her class, people can't figure out if she's 22 or 33--she's that mysterious. Saturday just reminded me that I'm not that, and that I'm just the regular ol' girl next door that you'll typically catch in her jeans and flip flops and who people can't figure out if she's 15 or 22. A low blow to this ego, if I do say so myself.
#2 Going to the Hoffbrahaus was like Fairfield Senior High School Class of 2000's pre-10 year class reunion. It was full of those really awkward conversations that go something like this, "hi. sooooo....what are you up to these days? (pause) oh really? yeah. that's great. (long pause) so, who did you come here with? (pause) oh more people from my 2,800 person high school that i don't know that well and have to say 'hi' to and have this same exact conversation? awesome."
moving on...
on monday and tuesday i went down and spent time with someone i DO know well, my best friend, rachel mcabee. i did some support raising while down there, met her boyf, went to lunch with her and her sis--it was a whirlwind 26 hours and then i headed back up the death trap that is Interstate 75 and got back to the Ohio support grind once again. For those keeping tabs, i'm at 36% with definites and feeling pretty okay about things, being that i've done a lot of work in the past week or so and i have a lot of amounts that i'm waiting on. keep praying for me. obviously support raising is NOT my favorite thing in the whole entire world.
and with that said...back to it.


3 Comments:
I just have to say, thank you for posting today despite not really wanting to. For me and the many thousand others whose days are not complete without viewing this web page it was very refreshing to see a new addition!
thank you
aw bless. hi magnum. thanks for the props.
I have to say your post was Ok, but not great. I've just been out celebrating the 25th birthday of one Seth Sanborn at a local Colorado brewery so, although the post was enjoyable it wasn't the best part of my day.
Post a Comment
<< Home