Saturday, January 07, 2006

365 days...

164 posts...

10's of readers....

one blog. one year. one kickin' time of ups and downs.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MY SO-CALLED LIFE.

and i've decided to commemorate this achievement by centering this post...no, ho ho, nooooot really. we'll celebrate for a whole week in a number of ways, so check back for 7 whole days of blogging fun. but you should know that day #1 of the blogging extravaganza can only be celebrated in one way for only one person deserves special recognition. one person who has been committed through the days of my more serious blog (yes, i did have another blog at one point). a person who through the pain of reading cramps and computer-induced blurred vision, has stood strong. a person, who although at times has remained behind the scenes, i assure you faithfully checks up on the britster day in and day out. yes, my friends, now is the time. now is the place, to honor.....

THE READER OF THE YEAR ::drumroll::

Lauren Bish.

oh how could words ever sum up all that lauren bish is? well, i'll tell you how. they COULDN'T. no, never. i dare not even try, BUT i will highlight some of her biggest achievements.

she has endured a tackle from behind which led to her nose being planted into a disgusting piece of carpet, which was probably scattered with old pieces of lettuce from jimmy john's. did she cry? no. did she flinch? no. did she lay there? for a minute or two, because i'm pretty sure it hurt, BUT she got right back up and forgave a very remorseful 5'7, then 110lb. brunette who i refuse to incriminate on my blog.

she's been nominated by her peers and then voted via her classmates, and by many, many, MANY people at her dad's work, the hottest girl in oxford. and who can argue it?

she's been the calming force in the lives of many a 1305er and especially during my and rachel's first year at miami--and all the while pulling a nearly perfect grade point average.

she is the bowler of my milk, the moon to my medley, the blonde to my brunette, the counselor during the tramatic murder of moby, the clean to my mess, she is the deserving reader of the year, she is one sexy bish (note the last name).

here's to your lauren. my so-called life honors your commitment and readership. may we have the opportunity to, nay, the privilege of celebrating many more glorious years together.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Where, oh where, to begin? I don't even have anything planned...this is so unexpected! I guess I'd like to start by thanking the acadamy for bestowing upon me the truly gracious honor that is Reader of the Year - not Reader of the Week, but of the YEAR! I'd also like to thank my fellow 1305ers for their injection of insanity into my life, as I would've most likely lived a pathetic college existence without them. However, I would like to send a special thank you out to Brittney Lenhoff. Because of her, I have learned that you can indeed rock a bra as eyewear, you can safely sled down your stairs in a laundry basket, you can play Nintendo with the controller behind your back, and you can certainly get yourself stuck in your own t-shirt and count on your friends to laugh and take pictures of you. Finally, I'd like to say thank you to all the little people who've helped me along the way. Without you, I wouldn't be here today. Thank you and godspeed.

1:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is classic. I should have known this is what we'd be like out of college. Long live 1305!!

12:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freakin' hilarious! I love that my friends can make me laugh out loud through the computer. Way to go Bish!!!!

2:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home