wow....
weirdly enough at 2am, i'm feeling this strange sensation that is driving me to burst out in song. what should i sing---oh what?
a little U2? maybe a little old school Queen? Oh, I don't know--maybe relive my days of yore and bust out into "Bye Bye Bye?"
no, no dear readers, i think i'll try something a little different--yes different, but a perfect fit for my sentiments on the day:
In old Ohio there's a team
That's known throughout the land
Eleven warriors brave and bold,
Whose fame will ever stand.
And when the ball goes over,
Our cheers will reach the sky,
Ohio Field will hear again
The Buckeye Battle Cry!
Drive, Drive on down the field,
Men of the scarlet and gray;
Don't let them through that line,
We've got to win this game today,
COME ON OHIO!
Smash through to victory,
We cheer you as you go!
Our honor defend we will fight
to the end for OHIO!
wow--that was pretty good--but i don't know that i'm through--
Fight the team across the field
Show them Ohio's here,
Set the earth reverberating
With a mighty cheer,
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Hit them hard and see how they fall,
Never let that team get the ball,
Hail, hail, the gang's all here,
So let's win that old conference now.
not understanding, sweet reader? oh, soon and very soon you will....all you need to know is that...
I LOVE IT WHEN THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BEATS MICHIGAN!
it's especially delicious when it's done at the big house, enemy territory.


35 Comments:
If this means you miss church this morning and/or choir practice there will be trouble.
Just so you know.
Big Brother is watching you.
Bummer. Ok so my Michigan support is linked to a t-shirt. But... Bummer. Perhaps an OSU t-shirt would change my mind... ;-)
puke puke puke.
RICH...HOW DARE YOU even entertain the thought of wearing an OSU t-shirt. Where is your LOYALTY?
Tagged. See my blog. Mine are kind of dull but I expect great things from you. Ha. :-)
I feel I need to go to a cross cultural day to understand this post
So, I thought i'd come back and visit your page. I'm a bit shy but have a question, what are you doing in England for such a long time? I guess you're from America, but dya hav parents here or somthing? P
nah, i'm a proper adult :) so my parents are back home in the states.
i work for a christian society and i talk to students about God and about how Jesus is.
So this is my second year of a two year internship, which i love.
SAD day! I missed the game, but am super pumped for OSU to show its glory yet again! :)
Puke. Come on Treece. Are there ANY U of M fans on your team this year Brit? How could they let you get away with a post like that?
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ha, I LOVE IT!
what ash? you love ohio state? is that what you mean? because i don't think anything else on this comment page is loveworthy.
kevin, sadly enough, is a michigan fan. he was hateful the day of the win, like any bitter michigan fan would be.
Sorry Ash.. What can you do eh?
isn't it THE ohio state, or did you forget? why am i even encouraging the use of this unnecessary article. keven, i don't know you, but my heart goes out to you living in an infested osu loving enviornment.
brit, seeing as how i walk in the power of the Holy Spirit at all times, love just exudes out of my being. even on your blog tribute to the buckeyes.
I tried to call you today (once again) and you aren't there and I have lost all confidence that you will ever call me back. Just wanted to let you know that back in the good ol' O-H-I-O we are having our first official day of snow!!!! They say it's going to be 2-3 inches but we'll see. Perfect timing, I suppose, since the hot water heater went out last night...
CALL BACK YOUR SISTER DANG IT!!!!!!
Brit,
Please call back your sister or she may try and run you down or something...
Brit's sis: heard your drive tried to give birth recently??
Brittney, come home...I need someone to go see Harry Potter 4 with me. :)
Jo- I don't speak 'proper English' but if by 'your drive tried to give birth' you mean my transmission went out on my car. Yes, Yes it did. If that's not what you meant...then I am kind of scared on what you did actually mean.
hahaha--i think she meant our frontyard ash, not your transmission. hahaha.
you're the one that was dying to tell me about pregnant landscaping and you can't make the connection.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! THAT'S HILARIOUS. Well I was confused on what she meant and I did the WORST thing you could do in that situation. I took advice from mom. HAHAHA!!! Sorry Jo. It's quite clear to me know what you meant by that. =)
*and by know i meant now....
wow i am really struggling
hey britney..
(resists singing the rest of the song.. but only just)
well, you havn't posted for a little while.. but we have! have you missed us?
johnny
Hey Brit's sis. You Lenhoff's are funny people. Tis splendid. Hope life is good in Ohio.
Rich
Okay, Brit and Ash, I DO read your blog every time you post. It clears that I am a topic of conversation from time to time. Just remember at some point in time you too will be a parent and it'll all come back to you. (Both of you) It's my understanding with each generation it comes back worse. Just imagine!!!
Yes, I also just read my typo. So no comments.
Ha Ha Ha! Ash, you are hilarious!! I have no idea how you jumped to the idea I was referring to your car... But it gave me a mighty good laugh! What is it with you Lenhoff's keep making me cry with laughter?! Priceless.
The Lenhoff Mom: Can I call you T-Lizzle??
I would take your advice, I think it's sound.
Jo:
You can call me T-Lizzle ANY TIME you want.... especially if you take my advise.
There seems to be lack of respect for my vast knowledge and experience in the US. It appears the UK is much more tolerant of advice, comments, observations, given by parents, specifically moms in the US. What's that about?
P.S. Brit:
It's amazing how an entirely different subject can morph out of your original posting. Oh Yeah.. I MISS YOU!!! Kisses
Jo-I really honestly don't know how I got that you were talking about my transmission. I guess I was a little thrown off by the fact that you referred to my yard as 'the drive' I mean...the only thing I can relate the word drive to is my car. Not to mention I am easily confused....
As far as you taking advice from my mom?? Come on Jo. Do you really want to take it from someone who can't even spell the word advice. Do as you wish, but don't be surprised if her advice doesn't steer you in the direction you had hoped for.
LOVE YA MOM! =)
Hey, I've been reading this blog since its inception and I have noticed many, many, many typos, spelling errors, etc. and never commented. Besides that.....
I really don't like this little comment area 'cause it doesn't have spell check or grammar check. So thhhhhhhhhhhhh meaning :)~
ASHER-B-DASHER:I understand this is for entertainment purposes not for the accuracy of the blog.
JO:
Interested in a family switch...
Hey, I've been reading this blog since its inception and I have noticed many, many, many typos, spelling errors, etc. and never commented. Besides that.....
I really don't like this little comment area 'cause it doesn't have spell check or grammar check. So thhhhhhhhhhhhh meaning :)~
ASHER-B-DASHER:I understand this is for entertainment purposes not for the accuracy of the blog.
JO:
Interested in a family switch...
Britt:
Got a little passionate on my last comment, it seems I posted twice.
T-Lizzle: Fo' sho' i'd do a family switch. When do you want me??
Are you planning on coming back over here anytime soon, it was cool escorting you back to the Adelphi last time to pick up your luggage.
Crashley: Can I call you that?! You have a major car complex, I love it!! ;)
Wow we are having our own convo on Brit's blog and she ain't even here for the weekend!
How much do I love the Lenhoff family?? Man, how I miss the random visits you'd make to the 1305...especially those with Winston in tow. :)
Has anyone else noticed my mom calls herself "The Mom Lenhoff" kind of like "The Ohio State University????" Need I say more....
does anyone but americans care about american football? what a prolonged sport. Baseball? world series? haha, the USA hav won every year! you must be pretty amazing at it.
Post a Comment
<< Home