Saturday, April 23, 2005

The Dance Dance Revelation

I haven't posted in a while, I know. Jen, if you're reading this...I hope that you're having a good day at work. Last night was an amazing night of fun and funk. It was Christy's birthday so we headed to a restaurant called Heart and Soul and then headed to Mood for a night o' dancing. I was pretty excited about this as I'd been in a dancing kind of mood all day and was feeling good with a new haircut and new outfit. Shortly after our arrival Sara Treece requested that I do my famous floor slide. I agreed and removed my shoes since I have trouble walking in them, let alone running and sliding on my knees in them. I did my slide and the floor, my friends, was angry that day. He was not a floor that welcomed sliding parties. He was not a floor that was slick and smooth like one's legs after a long-awaited shave and lather of lotion. No...he was obstinate, stubborn, and ungiving. I hit the floor and slid some, which resulted in a cool picture, but the skin was taken off of large areas of both of my feet and my right knee is really swollen. Now I have these enormous scabs on both of my feet that make it difficult to walk in any pair of shoes so I made a trip to Superdrug today and bought the necessary products to bandage up my destroyed pieds. I'll include a picture of before, during, and after the slide, but I don't feel like the after picture does my feet the justice they deserve. I may have to take another picture soon and post it so that my faithful readers can have a full appreciation for the sacrifices of starting dance revolutions amongst the great people of Liverpool. You should also be aware of the fact that I was at Mood for about 4 hours more and I ignored the pain and just danced it out. That should be a wise saying: Sometimes you just have to ignore the pain and dance it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home