Blah...
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the presence of the spring breakers. It's extra help in Liverpool for two straight weeks, but I am beat. It's led to a little bit of indifference about doing ministry. I think I'm just tired. I feel like even when I get enough sleep, it's still not enough. The great thing is that I'm learning a ton in a way that I didn't expect to. I think maybe for the first time ever, I believe that God loves me to the point where I can actually feel him pursuing me. He wants to know me. I think really believing that changes a lot. I don't know. It's funny. I feel like I can trust him. It's pretty freeing. Granted, I don't get what I want in that. Ha. But I can trust him. Crazy, huh? And by crazy, I mean AWESOME. In that regard, it's been spiritually great the past couple of days. The Britster is loved.
So quick semi-surreal moment. I was with Jen in Barclay's (a bank in the UK) to get something sorted with her account there. In front of this is a Chinese man who speaks absolutely no English. The banker is trying to ask him for his mother's maiden name and he has no idea what she's saying. For about the 3rd time since their conversation began, he gets on his cell to call a friend who can translate for him. An African woman stands up and tells the banker that she can help. While he's on the cell phone she says really slowly, "She. wants. to. know. your. mother's. maiden. name." In a broken English accent. He shakes his head and starts speaking with his friend and she says, "I'm trying to help you." Hahahaha. I'm not sure what she was thinking. It's that whole concept that talking in slower English to a person will change everything and that they'll miraculously understand. It was really entertaining to watch. As Jen said, it's better to watch the circus, than to be in the middle of it. So we had a good laugh about it later.
My mom and sister are leaving tomorrow to come to England. It'll be weird to see them I think, but I'm pretty excited. London here come the Lenhoffs. Watch out.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home