Valentine's Day + Two
Well, apparently admist the quickness of my week, I've forgotten to fill you in on Valentine's '05 and on the days to follow. Here goes it: Simon had Monday off of work, but decided not to come up being that the rest of my team just found out on Friday that we could date. The 9 of us are more like one person so what effects me, effects them. He didn't want it to overwhelm them and he thought it might somehow interfere with my work day (which it probably would have) so he stayed put in good ol' bustling Bristol, Anglo-land. Good decision by ol' Si, if I do say so myself.
Monday morning I woke up to a text message that was typical...adorable and funny rolled into one. Then I went to the grocery store since the girls planned on cooking dinner for the fellas that night. When I got back I began to put my groceries away and heard a knock at the door. There stood Ed with callow lilies in hand for lil' me from none other than his best friend. I love me some callow lilies and believe them to be MUCH better than the everyday "rose" kind of deal. Let's liven the flower world up people. The consensus on Simon at the moment: I am liking that boy more and more every time we talk.
Dinner with the guys was really good, although we had to overcome some obstacles with the mashed potatoes. Jason Chamlee is in town for the week and it was hilarious to sit around and reminisce with him about our days at mother miami.
I have no idea what I did on Tuesday. Team action group. Oh, and I led women's time and finished the never-ending, redundant Changes that Heal. Praise the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. No offense, Dr. Henry Cloud. That night I went to bed at 9:30. I needed it.
Today I woke up all fresh and ready for the day. Had action group at Byrom Street at JMU and talked to these really Scouse fellas...great conversation, but walked away completely run into the ground. They had a lot of crappy information from really unreliable sources, so it was basically me trying to present truth to them and to plainly show them the absurdity of the sources from which they had received their information. Needed a full shot of the Holy Spirit. I think I understand what it means to be perplexed, but not crushed now. Interesting.
Now, it's nearly midnight which means that I get to see the boy in 36 hours. Holy smokes, I am one excited puppy. I think it's going to be a really fun weekend. Giddy up.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home