'Snot Too Much to Ask
I'm so flippin' tired of this cold. I keep running out of tissues and so have had to resort to harsh papery substances like napkins and toilet paper. Not good for my little nose, if I do say so myself. It's all raw and sore now. I can't complain too much because I'm definitely feeling better than I did on Sunday and Monday. Only every now and then do I get a tense, hurty kind of feeling in my face when there's a lot of pressure in my sinuses. Earlier this week, that was constant.
This weekend the Christian Union is putting on a ball to kick off its Mission Week and while initially I was motivated to go, I'm quickly losing that motivation. I'm slowly realizing how insane the next three weeks will be and since I'm basically working most of the day on Friday (which is supposed to be a halfway), I just need personal chill time. It stinks (sneeze...bless me) because Brad is giving the evangelistic talk and I want to be there for that, but I also know my body and it needs some T-L-C. I was thinking about quoting a TLC song here and being really cheesy...but I'm going to pass.
Simon and I had our very first, real live fight on Monday night. It wasn't a fight in the worldly sense where there was screaming and shoe throwing and uncontrollable tears. However, we both definitely left the conversation calm, but inwardly unsettled. The first thing I thought was "Oh no! I've been his girlfriend for 3 days...this is NOT good." But in reality, we've treated each other as mental boyfriend and girlfriend for over a month and a half, so I guess it was bound to happen. I hated it. A lot. Sorry girls, but I'm going to have to say that this one was in fact--**fist clench, knuckle bite, squinty eyes**--my fault. Everything was/is fine, but I think that it HAS been so up and down because of the policy thing that I'm now looking for things to worry about and probably overreacting to things that are actually non-issues all together. All is fine and dandy now, I'm just trying to sit back and relax so that I can just enjoy being his girlfriend, a hard thing for the Britster to do being that relationships make her really nervous.
Well, I've got a pizza in the oven, so I must depart. It beckons me, as does a nap. Pizza and a nap. That is my kind of evening.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home