around 3pm today i was sitting at the family PC, making some support calls when the other line beeps as i'm leaving a message for a supporter hopeful.
i click over and say hello and this is the conversation that ensues:
Mom: oh good, i was just calling to make sure that this is our number.
Brit: What?
Mom: I wasn't sure of our number and I was calling to make sure that this is it. Thank you.
Brit: Um, okay.
Mom: Bye.
And she hangs up.
I kind of sat there for a minute, expecting her to come back on and say that she was just kidding and actually was calling for a BELIEVABLE reason, but no, the call was finished. she had called for a valid reason in her eyes.
When she got home from work I asked what that was all about and she said someone was updating contact information for employees and she couldn't remember what our number was, so she thought she'd call so she could be 100% sure.
Ladies and gentlemen, Teri Lenhoff at her finest.


3 Comments:
I HAVE to meet your parents
Having met your mum Brit (one up on the Stud for me) I find your stories highly amusing. Can this really be the same woman that I met?
joe--the number didn't change again! ha. and yes, i know, i'm the bad friend because i forgot to tell you when it changed last time and i moved out of the country and we fell out of touch completely for a while. inexcusable. it won't happen again.
al--next time you're in southwest ohio, feel free to swing by.
d, she was tame when you met her. i was surprised. give her a little time and you'll see the real t. lizzle, can i get an amen mcabee?
Post a Comment
<< Home