Friday, June 03, 2005

Culture Shock

i was shocked to see 6 posts on my last entry when i checked my blog today. to be honest, i've hit a blogger's block and feel as though i'm quickly running out of material and creativity, as my mind has been on other things (mainly, the ENORMITY of planning for summer project whilst trying to find time to take required time off so that i can pack and be rested for when the americans get here NEXT FRIDAY)...that's not working out so well ::deep breaths::

now, i should probably prepare you because i'm about to rant a little bit about one of my pet peeves. it might not be a justifiable ranting, but it really does annoy me and so just suck it up and bear with me:

I GO CRAZY when people GET SNOTTY with you for putting even a small part of your foot on a seat when you're riding PUBLIC TRANSPORT. It seriously makes me wanna poke someone in the eye...really, really hard.

My brain screams: TAKE A LOOK AROUND ANAL PERSON, as dried up chewing gum, stains from heaven's knows what, and the fragrant remnants of cigarette and marijuana smoke surround you...consider that for just a moment....and now consider the fact that YOU are getting onto ME for putting my soft-soled FLIP FLOP up on this tattered fabric. While it doesn't bother me to take my flip flop off of the chair, the bigger issue for me is WHY IT BOTHERS THEM SO MUCH THAT MY FLIP FLOP IS ON THE CHAIR??

All this to say, I am 23 and maybe I should grow up and starting standing firmly, with two feet on the ground at all times, even while utilizing the great city of Liverpool's public transportation system. But I also realize that I am a girl of comfort, who is constantly sitting in the Lotus position (which is ironically comfy for me), contorting my feet, legs, and the like to whichever position suits me best on that particular seat and since I can remember it hasn't been normal for me to sit with my knees at a 90 angle, with my feet on the ground. And old habits, as they say, die hard.

I guess at this point, I only have two options--Kill the habit OR continue to be scolded, at the age of 23, by old gran's whose pet peeve is when people, who should know better, put their feet on the seat.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do it... Do it.. Do it now. When you hit mid-fortish (maybe a little older) you won't be able to get your legs up on the seat any more. ENJOY WHILE YOU CAN, Oh Limber one!!!!!

3:14 am  
Blogger Brittney said...

i can't deal with you. i appreciate it mom. and atleast i can truthfully say that i have parental permission to put my feet wherever i like. that frees me from a lot of guilt of putting my feet on things at this age. thank you.

1:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home