I Knooooow...
alright, aaaalright....i know. this is the longest period of time that i haven't written in my blog in weeks. i GET it. i'm sorry.
on to the blog...
a wise man once asked me, "Don't you think you're going to look back on your blog in a few years and say, 'THAT was what was in my head?'"
i'm not sure how i should take that, but i'm assuming that he means either A) my blogs are a teensy bit random and weird or B) i think about very unimportant things all day long or C) both. whatever this wise man WAS implying, it should probably be noted that (C) is true. i think about random and unimportant things all day long, but i attribute it to my creative mind, which can't be a bad thing. here are some of the things that you've missed that i've thought about in the last few days--and they're all true for the record...don't judge me:
*i thought i saw a man with a wooden arm whilst on the bus (still not sure if that was true). this led me to thinking about the fact that a wooden arm would be really helpful mainly in carrying those heavy bags full of soup cans and your 12 pack of coca-cola home from the local tesco's. the plastic wouldn't dig into your fingers/forearms, leaving those unattractive and often painful red indentations, how amazing would that be?
*when i was little i used to force myself to lose my footing on our staircase, by sliding my foot off of the edge of our dusty brown carpet on each of the steps (now, i don't have to try, but that's another day) in the hope that i'd crack a bone either in my leg or foot. i think i would like being on crutches. when i was running the other day, i was kind of hoping that i would trip on a crack in the uneven sidewalk and break my tibia or something (is that a leg bone?)
*i always imagine birds attacking me when i run or walk by them. it can be a pigeon, duck, swan, pheasant, anyway you cut it...it makes me laugh. so if you see my walking up hardman street with a little smirk on my face, i'm probably getting a visual; i like imagining it. arms flailing, grunts and screams indicating a struggle, feathers catapulting into the air. although, upon an experience with a pigeon in paris, which involved my head and it's....torso....i'm not sure if i'd actually want it to happen....again.
*when on buses, i think about how cool it would be if we were in a musical and everyone started to get up and do synchronized and choreographed dances. they could use props like those metal poles that are used for stability or maybe even an old woman's mobile grocery bag contraption. there have been many occassions where i consider starting a dance revolution on the 86, 80A, or 75.
so those are just a few recent thoughts. and to address the wise man, i feel okay with them and am about 99% sure that my weirdness isn't a factor of maturity, but it's more personality, which i don't really plan on adapting....i've grown to appreciate and embrace my quirks. i guess this means that whether you've known me for 9 months, 4 years, or 23 years (mom---you little faithful reader), what you see is probably what you're going to get when i'm 24, 28, and even when i hit 46. scary, i know.


11 Comments:
Please do think before you make such outragous claims. I am the man with the wooden fore-arm, may assure you that its not all that helpfull.
Whilst it is true that I no longer suffer the pain of the plastic bag indentations, there are many problems. Here are just a few:
1. I have to apply ronseal woodstain, with my left hand, once every 8 years. Otherwise my arm starts to rot (not pleasant).
2. I have to be very careful @ bonfires.
3. I fear termites.
4.This is my biggest gripe with having a wooden forearm. MY forearms used to be a thing of beauty. Perfectly sculptured, tanned well, not too hairy. When I used to were a T-shirt people would become mesmorised by arms. They were my reedeming feature, the only reason people would talk to me. And now I no longer have that beautiful God given symmetry, that perfect balance, that perfectly proportioned harmony between my left and rigt arm. NO, now I suffer having to hide my beautiful left arm, for fear of exposing my deformed right arm. I have become a freak, one who is stared at on buses.
the man with the wooden forearm, i can see your point. i really like bonfires and i have a termite farm, and those are things that i hadn't considered. silly me...
oh man, WHO POSTED THIS? rich? danny? magnum? pete? reveal yourself and you may be in the running for reader of the week. you got a good laugh out of me. haaaaaa. i have such clever readers.
Brittney, You are my favorite.
I like you more than lamp or keyboard or DVD or checkbook.
Ok. you caught me.
I was just naming off objects on my desk... Fiddle sticks...
... (awkward silence) ...
um...
uh, I think...I have...
a... FOOD... in .. the oven...
Ok... I'll go check on that now.
-CHRIS
Oh Golly - I think the "wise man" was me.
It's nice to be called wise, except that the rest of this post kinda implies that I am not wise at all.
Ho hum. I have that musical fantasy (for oh yes, that is what it is) in public places as well. I don't tell people about it though.
no it was me, i am your mystery writer who possesses humour and wit in such abundant quantities.
rachel
brit- i always think about musicals on buses etc too. i think about what would happen if...and then i make up a scenario, like if that dog bit that man etc.its fun.
rachel you crackhead...why are you spelling things like a british person? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I SHOULD'VE KNOWN. only you would write a response that would probably mirror MY exact response had I read a similar blog entry by another person. does that make sense? you complete me **hmmmppfff, fist raise to the choked up mouth**
i just read it again and am still laughing. YOU ARE SO IN THE UPPER RANKS OF READER OF THE WEEK. tears are in my eyes. i can hear you reading it out loud. okay....HA....i'm finished.
Oh dear.
Not only am I stared at on buses, my Identity is now taken on by a girl.
Shame on you Rachel.
Own up.
**STERN MOTHER VOICE** IF SOMEONE DOESN'T COME CLEAN ABOUT BEING THE MAN WITH THE WOODEN FOREARM, THERE WILL BE NO READER OF THE WEEK. DO YOU WANT TO RUIN THIS FOR EVERYBODY? HUH? DO YA?
Where do you get your incoherent thought process? Let's think about this... I feel like I'm living parts of my life (or perhaps reading it) over again. Entertaining... keeps me on the edge of my seat each time I start reading a new entry.. Love and Kisses...
Post a Comment
<< Home