Friday, May 06, 2005

Back to Reality...

okay...time for a more normal blog about things that i'm excited and pleased about and standard update information. hold onto your knickers!

A big thank you to all of those readers out there who posted comments, IMed me, MSNed it, and sent e-mails about their personal opinions on my summer. i appreciate your wise wisely wisdom. I've decided (**ahem** drum roll please) to go home on June 20th instead of going on Summer Project to St. Petersburg. I had to force myself to verbalize it, but now I feel pretty good and am excited, both about my summer and next year.

in cross-cultural news: yesterday while i was walking up the street i ran into my good friend from that Scot-Anglo border, Ben Burrell. upon seeing him i said, "Hey Ben, what's up?" TO WHICH...AMAZINGLY he said, "Nothing, what's up with you?" i stood there in awe as emotions of glee began to spill out of my pores. "Ben, i'm so impressed," I remarked. I couldn't believe it. Ben is the very first British person that i've said that to who has responded correctly. Usually the response is "Yeah, I'm good." It doesn't flow. "what's up?" ....."Yeah, I'm good." this response throws ME off and then I'm in a position where I'm not sure what to say. I hate it.

American language lesson #23490: It doesn't matter if you've just discovered that the world is going to implode in 3 hours, if someone asks you "what's up?" you say "nothing...what's up with you?" Then you can carry on with the implosion. You could have been elected President OF THE WORLD, but it doesn't matter...you say "nothing...what's up with you?" I'm so happy that Ben is my friend and that he knows what's up. ho ho.

Lastly, today i've made a purchase that has me stoked. I bought what Brad refers to as "shpants." Too long to be shorts, not long enough to be pants, they're shpants.

I would insert a picture, but can't find one online, so you're just going to have to settle for a link. Booyah. Shpants.

Okay lastly again, I would to recognize a reader of the week: the reader of the week is Mo's Bro. Mo's Bro, we don't even know each other, but you read my blog, and you prefer it to your own flesh and blood's blog. So here's to you Bro of Mo.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joshua said...

Britt,

I was once faced with a situation in which i said, "what's up" and was replied to with, "I'm good thanks" but i think the young lady was a bit flustered because she later confessed that she had a crush on me at the time.

2:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the mention from mo's bro! great to see the continuing high quality of posts on your blog

a x

10:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home