Thursday, April 28, 2005

I'm Only Sleepin'....

"Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away, and after all I'm only sleepin'...."

It's only appropriate that I'm in Liverpool and use a Beatles song yo. It was inevitable. It had to happen sometime. So, point is that I came home yesterday and was absolutely exhausted. After spending a fun-filled day in Manchester running action group with Sarah and Ryan, I came home and got cozy on our couch with a blankie around 8:30pm. Mistake numero uno. A short time later I was passed out. I finally woke up a little after 9 and realized that I was still exhausted and so crashed upstairs in bed. I woke up again to the big fat sun in my face at 8:30am. I was dressed in the following:

a tank top
a shirt over that tank top
a zip up sweater over that shirt
a pair of jeans
a belt
my watch (that's unheard of when I sleep)

PLUS, I had my contacts in which were nearly impossible to get out. I hadn't brushed my teeth or washed my face. I was a sight.

Twelve solid hours of sleep. My conclusion: If there was such a thing as a World's Championship of Sleeping---I would take that mother hands down.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

to be honest, doubtful she was eating yellow bread. what IS that anyway. ask for it in the UK and theyll proly give you some kind of bread..with msutard on it to make it yellow or summink... ;)

10:15 am  
Blogger Brittney said...

dear anonymous stranger, yellow bread was a part of the packed lunch that i had to eat EVERY day whilst working in New Orleans as a summer missionary. The yellow bread was very big and the portion of meat held between the yellow bread was very small and multi-colored. Most days all I ate was the apple sauce cup. I'm surprised that I didn't become a veggie like you that summer. Mmmmm...apple sauce.

2:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home