Emergency: Reader Poll
Attention, attention, calling all of the bloggerifically faithful. Let it be known that I am not the best decision maker in the world when it comes to choosing between two logically sound options. So a need exists---Who is needed to meet this need? Any reader who can look at decisions objectively, biases aside.
I'm forced with making the decision of when to come back to the states and I don't know what to do. I could either stay in England until the 20th of June and return to the states that evening OR I could chose to go to St. Petersburg for a PART of summer project and return home around the very end of June OR I could stay for the full duration of summer project and return home on the 14th of July.
Pros and Cons--Pros of going to St. Petersburg (for any length of time) would be to familiarize myself with the ministry since I'll be going next summer, increase the amount of staff resource that the team has, and build relationships with British students so that I can cast vision to them about how to carry on what they've learned once they return to Liverpool. Cons of going would be that it would minimize the amount of time I have to raise support, i would need one week to recover from jet lag and then would have 3 left to get done all that needs to get done before I leave again, travel wears me out, and it would minimize time i had to catch up with family and friends.
Logically speaking these are things I need to get done whilst home: wisdom teeth pulled, buy bridesmaid dress and get alterations, renew my visa, raise support, speaking engagements at about 4-5 churches that support me, rest, aaaaaaaaaaand catch up with people.
I'm praying about it over the next couple of days, and it would be great if you could pray about it too, BUT advice is appreciated as well. My feelings say "go home so that you're commpletely energized for when you come back," but my head says "it would be more advantageous to the team and ministry to stay." I'm not particularly pushed in any direction yet. What do you think?


3 Comments:
I'll be praying for you while you make this decision. I would say maybe stay there for a little bit in St. Petersburg and then come home. That you you get to build relationships and familierize yourself with the ministry and you still get more time in the states. As hard as it is to say, since that means we here the states will get less time to see you, i think it would be a good choice. Also, God is going to do what He is going to do with that ministry and with you no matter what choice you make. Don't feel like you're going to let anyone down by coming home early to work on support. Any of the decisions you have before you would totally glorify the Lord. You can stay and further the ministry there or come home and further it here by talking to people about it and raising support to keeo you there! I hope you gain the wisdom to make this choice. Love ya!
Hey Britts,
Thats a toughie dude, I kinda think in a way it would be a lot easier for you to head home end of June to not just raise support for next year :), but to have a darn good 'ole rest as well. It will also be important for you to catch up with friends and spend quality time with your family.
Like Matt, I will be praying for you about it, so let God show you whats best.
Jo x x x
I think you should go home. If you go on part of the summer project you will just feel gutted about leaving, if you go the whole time you will resentful about not having time to see friends in the US.
Go home yak.
Sorry to be so firm - but you did ask.
Post a Comment
<< Home