Friday, April 21, 2006

well the saga continues---a saga that began approximately 6 years ago in my first year at uni. a saga that would commence with my laying on my dormitory floor writhing around in pain thinking that surely i had seen earth's final days--a saga that also convinced my roommate that i was heading toward the light as well--
kidney stones--an unending saga.
last night, my dear readers, was spent on my back at the Royal Liverpool Hospital begging friends, attendings, and anyone who remotely looked like they could pump drugs into me intravenously to do just that. after receiving an oral pain pill, a dose of morphine, and a dose of muscle relaxant, i was still in a lot of pain and probably driving my doctor crazy with my pleas for more.
my gracious friend maurice experienced it all as he was the one who had the great pleasure of driving me to the hospital and when he stopped by to check on me today, i compared it to being like a small child, 'I KNOW ANOTHER DOSE OF MORPHINE WILL KILL ME, BUT I DON'T CARE...CAN YOU PLEASE GET RID OF THIS PAIN?' all of my logic was lost.
it was an interesting night on the ward at Ye Ole Royal. i was holed up with 7 other overnight patients and i found out that native liverpuddlians even THROW UP in scouse. i'm just glad that i was so drugged up that not a lot phased me.
i'm happy to report that i'm at home and resting up. and here's a reminder to the rest of you: drink lots of water, not a lot of pop, try to keep those stress levels low, and get plenty of rest.

9 Comments:

Blogger andyd said...

Awww. Nasty!

Glad you're feeling a bit better, sounds like it wasn't a particularly fun time! =o(

12:10 am  
Blogger ashleyvg said...

icky. just think though...you'll have at least one good story to share with all your supporters when you get back. its definately worthy of being added in with the likes of the ox com t-shirt story anyway.

3:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah roomie--I remember that night vividly. It was snowing. I didn't have a car. We had to ride to the hopsital in the back of a cruiser. I was in shorts. I stayed next to you as long as I could while you were gagging. I knew that night that you were my best friend.

4:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ash I don't think ANYTHING can compare with the Ox com tee shirt story... except maybe Winston

8:52 pm  
Blogger Alasdair said...

wow...Wednesday I nearly died, and on thursday you did...freaky. Or not.

Hope you're better.

9:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by not drinking pop i assume you don't mean Dr pepper, there's water in that right... right? please let me drink dr pepper...

3:15 pm  
Blogger ashleyvg said...

where are you?

3:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brit,
Have you taken a sabbatical from posting or are you just blowing off your posting obligations??

Really.. I'm with Ash... WHERE ARE YOU???

11:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

b ... i know you are around because i just got an e-mail (thanks!) ... post something!

4:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home