so we're finally on campus, but the bummer is that we're not really doing what we typically do. we've been conducting 3 question, 30 second spiritual surveys with students as a means of gaining contacts with freshers. i'm just ready to do evangelism and the whole atmosphere at freshers' fairs makes that really difficult. it's a bunch of students that eerily resemble a raging stampede of some sub-saharan wild animal pushing through the unions and whatnot, to get all of the free stuff possible. in the meantime, club promoters are running around with megaphones screaming things like, "MA-MA-MA-MISCHIEF...NAUGHTY NAUGHTY NAUGHTY MISCHIEF." there were also two men in banana hammocks (i.e. man thongs) and a guy in an adult diaper...all with wigs or funny hats on. i was so lost in wonder about how the scantilly clad gentlemen were keeping warm, that it was hard to keep my eyes peeled for approaching freshers. i associate it with a bad car accident--you don't want to look at the horror that stands before you--but you just can't seem to divert your eyes. and i won't even get into the girl on a power trip promoting for Mood--she was with about eight other Mood promoters, but i think rigis mortus would be an accurate description to the grip that she had on that megaphone. i'm trying to keep a positive, laid back attitude about freshers' fairs, but honestly--i would have to list this event in the top five for circumstances to most likely cause an anxiety attack.
on another note--mom, i'm hearing you loud and clear. pictures. i get it. i've JUST started to upload them to my computer, but i thought i'd post some pics of my newly organized bedroom. it's still not finished because i need to hang curtains, but i'm really pleased with how much furniture i was able to squeeze into what was deemed "the doghouse" or the box room. this is also for treece, christy, and ash to look at in amazement and awe. it's not pictured, but i also have a wardrobe in there. i'll accept all forms or verbal praise on how ingeniously i've organized my pad. you know the e-mail.


7 Comments:
Hey B! Glad I get to see where you live over there in the 'pool. Looks very neat and orderly, now let's just keep it that way. Ok? Ok! One more thing...am I represented in any of those pictures you've got up?? :)
Britster. I'm with you on Freshers Fairs. They are on the one hand a fantastic time to introduce freshers to the Gospel (or the idea that they can find out more/hear about it). Infact my first experience with the CU was a conversation with Mr Attwell at the CU stall when I was a fresher. Ah memories...
However, they are also a nightmare. I'll repeat that one more time - a NIGHTMARE. Seemingly endless numbers of people all apparently ignorant of everyone else. Plus every - and I mean every - stall or person in a nappie (never actually seen that though) appears to be pushing cheap booze and lots of it.
All credit and respect to you guys for asking people to complete these surveys in such an environment. Its good stuff.
As for your room then I'm disapointed you didn't include the wardrobe in your pics after all the effort that me and D and toth put into it.... Well ok i'm not actually that bothered - it is after all a wardrobe. But still. I will keep you to keeping your room clean - you did ask me to check it was tidy... Ha.
Anyway this is a long post. Sorry I missed your call. I shall be back in the 'pool in less than 24 hrs and looking forward to your party.
Laters lass.
R
WOW. well done brit (and apparently R, D, and S). how in the world is there a wardrobe in there too? can you open the door? i suppose its getting to be the time once again to rename the dog house. i don't remember exactly why we named it that, but its tradition to rename it every year. it pains me to think there were 2 man thongs this year. when are they going to learn those things are not attractive?
how in the world?! OK, so you may have been able to disprove my idea that I was well-organized and a good packer. A wardrobe or dresser should not, NOT be able to fit in there, let alone both. Well done! So I wonder what will happen when you go away fro a weekend and your backpack esplodes on your bed?! Send more pictures then please. :)
im just amazed you got it tidy! I'm still trying (and halfway through the audit....
i'm so pleased with myself based on your comments ash and treece. haha. i was smiling, all self-satisfied. i've done an okay job keeping it neat so far. i had to pick it up today because the floor starts to get covered really quickly. however, the washer is def broken and my laundry basket is filling up quickly so that should be an interesting hurdle.
ash...the man thongs were definitely more out of control this year. be really glad that you didn't have to witness it.
bish--you know you're represented. 1305 IS ON MY DRESSER...multiple times 1305 for life. way to break down and join facebook.
hannah--i heard some really encouraging stuff from jenny about how many students signed up at the frosh fair. that's ace.
reech--sorry about the wardrobe. i'll work on pics of that. i'm still missing a knob though ;)
alasdair--ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? Consider my pictures visual inspiration. I think you should send me some of your t-shirts because I don't have too many! You overdid what I underdid.
That was a lot to address.
Over and out.
i always thought it was dogbox, not doghouse..
Post a Comment
<< Home