Monday, June 20, 2005

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

this morning was not my idea of how my first year of stint would end.

2/3 of the team left for high wycombe in the morning and we saw them off at the train station, but not before the following (in no particular order) happened in less than an hour or so:


*our washer door broke (and won't open) and ashley's laundry is stuck inside...still there.

*taxis were honking and going crazy outside of our houses as people were scrambling to get things done.

*we called about paying up-to-date on council tax THIS morning and found out that it was 308pounds.

*we had to figure out who was going to pay what.

*the english camp materials for russia were FORGOTTEN at our house and a taxi had to turn around and get it. THIS IS A HUGE DEAL.

*Brad's bag was temporarily misplaced in one of the taxis.

*Toth and I had to carry brad's snowboard (the size of me) without the strap into the city via the bus. I have scraps all over my arm now and a couple of broken blood vessels.

*the taxis that were supposed to pick up the summer projectors didn't come and so we had to call and get NEW taxis.

*christy caught on fire (okay...that's not true...just thought i'd spice it up)

*the final taxi arrived at the train station about 5 minutes before the train was leaving and people needed to buy their tickets and withdraw money from a cashpoint.

*we had to say goodbye to our team as the final whistle was being blown to board the train.


ABSOLUTE PANDELERIUM. That's beyond pandemonium. It was NUTS.

...Go ahead...you can say it. It's almost comical, isn't it?

I am getting on a plane tomorrow, I am going home, and I'm going to sleep for about 3 days. Count 'em....THREE. The Britster is spent.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say I was there for 98% of the above, esp Christy being set on fire... that was funny once we put her out, and now its all in the clear I would like to say how honoured I am to know you guys.
Dave wishes all the best to everyone too, and claims he's been touched (he means his heart)...
So... yeah...

3:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home